CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Guess It's Time For an Update Huh?!?!

ok well sorry for not updating in a few weeks but these last few weeks have been hectic. i got called by the stake secterary and asked to give a talk in stake confrence so i had to prepare that, had an essay, a few tests to study for the list goes on and on. so stake confrence was today and i about died i was so nervous. but according to everyone that was there i did a really good job. i will post my talk at the end of this post. im just glad it is over. :) i told my bishop ok i guess this gets me out of giving a talk in sacrement meeting for a long time huh? ;) well ill post later. this week is fall break so thats exciting!! :)

A few years ago while in Salt Lake my cousin took a picture of the Salt Lake temple. He saved this picture as his wallpaper on his cell phone and put the phrase, “I’m taking her there“ across the picture. That really struck me. We are taught from the time that we are in primary that we need to live worthy to get married in the temple. But when I saw that on his phone, it really made me think wow I need to do everything I can now, because if I mess up that could be it. My hope and dream that I have had ever since I was a little girl could be over. Getting married in the temple is my ultimate goal. I don’t want to get married anywhere but in the Lord’s sacred house. So I need to do everything I can now to prepare. Even though my parents might not like it that day is approaching fast. Life fly’s by.

Last year we were able to go to the San Diego Temple when my oldest cousin, Josh received his endowment. My cousins and I had the opportunity to walk around the temple grounds while Josh and the adults were in the temple. It was an awesome experience to be on the temple grounds with all my cousins. This made me realize again that this is the Lord’s sacred house and reinforced my goal that I want to live worthy so I can get married there someday.

Shortly after the new general Young Women’s presidency was called they climbed to the top of Ensign Peak. Sister Dalton said, “We hiked to the top of Ensign Peak, and as we looked on the valley below, we saw the temple with the angel Moroni shining in the sun. For each of us, it was clear. The vision for our presidency was the temple. And our responsibility was also clear. We must “help prepare each young woman to be worthy to make and keep sacred covenants and receive the ordinances of the temple.”

Focusing on the Temple and on my goal of being married in the Temple, helps me keep everything in perspective and make wise choices.

Steve Young once said “If we are going to play the game of life, we can assume that we’re going to throw a few interceptions, or make a few mistakes from time to time. Often we face situations in which it feels as though we are throwing blind, we must make decisions without knowing exactly what the consequences will be. But if we have good coaches to mentor us and teach us the fundamentals, and good friends to help us keep track of what we’ve learned, we are in a much better position to make the right moves.”

I’m grateful for the Young Women’s leaders that I’ve had and for the influence they have had on my life. Also for the great friends I have that help keep me on the straight and narrow.

A few years back a group of the young women from my ward decided we all wanted to go see a movie together. We were all over 13 and thought oh lets go see this movie (it was PG-13). So we went and right off the bat there was a lot of bad language being used. We sat through it all thinking to ourselves this will get better. But like 20 min into the movie it was still bad. One of the girls said something to someone about maybe we should leave then it got passed down the line. All of us girls felt the same way so we got up and left. This was easy to do since we all have the same morals. I think if I would have been with a different group of girls this would have been a lot harder to stand up for what I believe in.


President Monson in the recent New Era said, “Don’t be afraid to walk out of a movie, turn off the T.V., change a radio station or put down a book if what’s being presented does not meet your Heavenly Father’s standards. In short if you have any questions about it turn it off or put it away.“

We live in a world that is filled with filth and sleaze, a world that reeks with evil. (there are many things trying to tempt us and lead us astray)
You cannot afford to let that filthy poison touch you (once is all it takes. Why take the risk?)
Shun it like the plague (avoid temptation all together)


One way that I stay clean is by avoiding bad language and taking the Lord’s name in vain. Profanity is the sign of an uneducated, uncultured, careless man or woman. Language like that makes you appear as someone who has no respect for anything sacred.

Dressing modestly is a constant struggle with everyone around wearing a cute tank top, dress that’s to short or short shorts you just want to fit in and wear those clothes to. But if we can come to truly understand that we are children of God, we will overcome our desires to dress like the world.

By choosing the Lord’s side, we can rise above the temptations of our moral existence, and that will guarantee us peace and happiness in this life as well as in the life to come.
Even though we may see staying clean as an inconvenience, it helps us spiritually, physically, mentally, and in other ways we don’t even realize.


There are many things we need to do to fortify against sin we cant just wait till it faces us and then make the decision we need to have already made that choice.

Pres. Hinckley in his Way to Be book says
“Be Clean. Be clean in every way. Some day you will meet the man or woman of your dreams. Be clean for the sake of your future companion. Be clean for the sake of your posterity.”

My goal is to stay clean so that I can find someone to take me to the temple and have my goal come true of “he’s taking me there”

I know that I need to make the decisions now like saying no to drugs and other stuff like that so that if I am faced with that choice I will already know that I have chosen not to do that. And will be less likely to stray from the path having already made that choice. I also know that Christ die for us so that we could make mistakes and repent for them. I am so grateful that I have the church in my life without it I know I would not be the person I am today.
In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

1 comments:

Shauna said...

Good talk Kylie!!